Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Our Burning World

I LIVE in a four state aea, "the four state area" as we call it. Maarijuana is legal in my home state of Missouri, but not legal in my adopted state of Arkansas. I live in northwest arkansas, so I drive to Joplin, Missouri, my hometown, to buy mary jane. The trip from Faytteville, Arkansas to Joplin, Missouri is about ninety miles, short, quick, fast. if you don't do eighty five, I swear you get run over. Long ago I decided that no matter where you live in th United States, you're lucky, you live in a great place. That includes the Arizona desert, the Kansas wheat fields and plains, the inner city, suburbia, all of it. I've never been to Europe, but I have been to most of the United States, and I love them all. I really like everywhere I've ever lived, a few states and houses, especially now, in a tiny town in the northwest corner of Arkansas, the foothilss of the Ozark mountains, my house atop a plateau.I keep wondering why this area hasn't been tortured by wildfires yet. Knock on wood, it never will, but it sure seems rife. Huge dense deciduous forests everywhere, thousands of acres of big dry thirsty maplea and oak trees, among other kinds. The ground throughout every forest is littered with piles of dead tree trunks and branches, perfect fuel for massive wildfires. It eems to me a matter of when, not if. The trees are dry and thirsty, and will soon begin losing leaves and turning brown, If we con't get some rain. The current annual August drought is bad this year, and getting worse. Time to pray for rain. I believe that the state of Arkansas does a good job of detecting and responding to wildfires quick and early, and puting them out before they become big and spread far and wide. The entire country needs that capacity, because wildfires, huge epochal wildfires like we have been having every year by the hundreds in America's west, southwest, and northwest, are only going to get bigger and more numerous in the very near future, as climate change rears its ugly head for real. The summer of 2026 will turn out, I predict, to be the hottest ever, just as every summer for the past twenty years has been. And every summer in the future will be hotter than the previous. Climate change is cascading down upon us like an avalanche, and within five years, I predict, we will have a summer wen eh temperature reaches one hundred degrees on Memmoria day, and remains there until Labor Day. A one hundred degree summer, soon. I am seventy one, and I now believe that i will live long enugh to witness a much more horrible climate than we have now, a climate of frequent violent, deadly and tornadoes and hurricanes, and mre of what we are already seeing: long, frequent periods of drought in many if not most areas of the world, punctuated by super high velocity straight line winds, sudden outbursts of rain, torrrential downpours which result in extreme, deadly, tragic flooding, whole valleys and flood plains underwater as rivers quadruple their normal size, and houses, neighborhoods, cars, washed away under one, five, or ten feet of water, people, small children, and pets drowning in terror and misery. Heppens all the time, nowadays. Its on the news, everyday. Everyday on the news, in some part of the world, a climate change catastrophe is occuring. The reason is climate change. Humanity is involved in all these wars and violent conflicts. Hatred, anger, greed, killing, the whole retinue of evil human characteristics, divided nationally...globally...individually, while our planet is burning up. WE have to, we must stop all this nonsense, and all of us focus only on solving climate change, which is on the verge of ending all life on Earth, not just human. Trump's wars are mounting up, none are justified, reasonable, or approved of by the American people, who are going to finally get fed up, and deal with Trump. Force him to change his behavior, or be removed from office. All these wars are merely a distraction from Trump's pedophilic past, the Epstein files, which probably prove it, and all the rest. Enough to require at least one more essay, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment