Seeking truth through diverse,openminded expression,explaining america to the world
Thursday, August 27, 2026
Solving Global Warming
WRITING a one page essay every day about the environmental crisis can be redundant,bu remains relevant and vital,unfortunately. I am grateful to have lived this long, maybe I'll get lucky, and live even longer. I would like to live long enough to witness a solution to global warming. In out science fiction year 2026 I am seventy one years old, eager for results. I want to die believing, with good reason, that global warming has been stopped.The fact that the former hole in the ozone layer has evodently repaired itself is comforting and reassuring, If, for isance, I die today I will die unsure of whetehr global warming will cause himan extinction, a real bummer. For that reason we need to stop it now. Just anyone and everyone can easily tell that the weather has changed, everywhere. Its going to keep changing, and we humans must either stop the change, or learn to live with it, adjust to it, which at this point seems much more likely. It may be that global warming climate change is a problem humanity won't have to worry about long. I would like to live long enough to see a solution to global warming. In the year of our lord twenty twenty six I am seventy one years old, I want to die believing, with good reason, that global warming has stopped. Isn't that reasonable? If I die today, for example, I will unsure of whether global warming will cause human extinction, a real bummer, or whether humaitiy will solve it. For that reason we need to stop it now. We can all tell that the weather has changed, and, as we all know, it will keep changing.We humasn must either stop the change or adjust to it, which seems much more likely. Indeed much research is being done, it it may be that soon we have a method and means to stop global warming and climate change. We may soon have the necessary to stop global warming. If we don't undertake this process soon it might not take long for the Earth to heat up repidly, like Venus, become uninhabitable. There are millios of species of plans and animals on Earth, many of which we haven'teven discovered yet. One of our most urget projects is to discover and catalog every single one, comperhensively, completely. The international seed bank in Norway is also a good idea, To become enlightened stewards and nurturers of life, rather than destroyers of it. Humans ceaselessly, incessantly demonstrate their capacity for both destruction and creation, both of which are necessary for human survival. This planet Earth is an amazingly productive incubator of all kinds of life, and we humans are privileged and lucky to be in a poistion to discover it, observe and admire it, and preserve it. Unbiased scientists have identified the present geological epoch on Earth as the "anthropocene", meaning era of human domination of the planet. And indeed, for better or worse, we humans have decided, chosen to take complete control of the entire planet Earth. We are, however, showing a glimmer of hope beyond our inherent greed. We are starting to show awareness of and concern for the needs of the entire biosystem of planet Earth. We now that we cannot throw our waste materials anywhere; that we must process them properly. We need to do much more than this, but at least its a start. To bring about the destruction of life on Earth is the greatest possible crime. We humans must nurture life, not destroy it. And even though we are quite obviously a very violent species of life, we also possess other qualities, among them, ironically, a reverence for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment