Seeking truth through diverse,openminded expression,explaining america to the world
Thursday, October 8, 2026
Reversing Climate Change
EVERYDAY I see a new layer of leaves covering the yard. Each late afternoon, when the leaves are dry and the hot October
summer temperature starts to go back down below ninety ( and yes, its crazy having ninety degree daily temperatures),
I spend a little while raking up leaves, raking them into small piles, then, putting them in garbage cans, sometimes
it seems like one leaf at a time. Maybe this is what's keeping me off the streets and out of trouble. The drought we
have been having in the American mid south is quite serious in my yard, and, pesumably, everywhere else within a few
hundred miles of Mo-Kan Ok-Ark region to which I am long accustomed. One of the arguments I use trying to convince
conservative, climate deniers and idiots that climate change is very real is that I don't have to wait for somebody
or anybody to tell me about it, to tell me that climate change - global warming is real: I am experiencing it in my
own back yard, daily. If I can do it, anybody can do it. This current early Autumn drought is as far as I can recall the most severe drought we have ever
had durig this time of year, and is becoming one of the msot severe drought at any time of the year around here. I recently
heard a number given for the percentage of Americans who deny that climate change is real, who believe, or claim to
believe, that global warming is a lie, a hoax, a liberal trick of some sort. We have all heard or heard of people
who actually believe that nonsense, or say they do, for some reason, perhaps because they value stupidity as a human
virtue. IN the U.S.A., climate change deniers are always, invariably, political conservative. Of all the seemingly non-
sensical, insane claims made by internet types and American conservatives is that climate change, global warming,
is a trick, a hoax,a ploy by American liberal Democrats to give more power to the government, or something like that.
Recet polls tend to indicate, I believe, that the percetage of conservtive American who deny climate change is decreasing,
and that the percentage of conservatives who accept and acknowledge it as reality is slowky but stedily increasing,
thank heavens. There will come a time, fairly soon, when people will be amazed when they read history books about the
early twenty first century, and discover the shocking number of people who refused to accept climate reality, preferring
to embrace an obviouslly false version of reality while ignoring and thus doing nothing to help actually fight
climate change by doing something about it. That, we are indeed capable of; doing something about global warming,
namely, stopping it. It would help immmensely if the whole population would "get on board" and encouage the global
effort required. We can do this, but only together, all humanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment